Clean manufacturing is a strategic asset for growth: increasing the flexibility of production, lowering the cost of products, reducing defect rates, and improving environmental sustainability. Clean manufacturing integrates all aspects of manufacturing – information, technology, and human creativity. Clean manufacturing improves worker safety and protects the environment by making both lean and green (aka “clean”) manufacturing possible, and helps keep manufacturers competitive in the global marketplace.
Our PowerSno™ precision cleaning platform is just one example of an innovative contribution to clean manufacturing. The PowerSno™ spray system utilizes recycled CO2 for precision cleaning, cooling, and lubrication of manufactured parts while LightSPEC™ CO2 spray quality monitoring technology with proprietary SprayLOGIX™ digital dashboard continuously monitors and reports the health of the entire cleaning system – from the CO2 supply tank to the production tool. Our proprietary SPEC™ sensor systems monitor the cleanliness of the liquid CO2 and clean dry air (CDA) process fluid supplies. This information is exchanged between factory workers and tools, and is available for network data collection and management programs.
We offer a range of clean manufacturing solutions for your factory, equipment, and processes:
- Clean Manufacturing Process Development
- Clean Mini-Environment Design and Fabrication
- Automation of Manufacturing Equipment and Processes
- SPEC™ Process Fluid Smart Sensor Packages – Spray Quality (Laser), Air Quality (PID), CO2 Quality (LIF), Color (Full Spectrum), Ozone Gas Monitor, O2 Gas Monitor, CO2 Gas Monitor, pH Sensor/Controller, ORP Sensor/Controller, Conductivity Sensor, and Value Extracts (LIF)
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Motion Control for Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- Identification systems (RFID)
- Improving Worker Safety
- Artificial Intelligence, Sensors, Alarms, Logging, Communications
- 3D Design and Printing
WHAT DO OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
The purpose of surface cleaning is to remove deposits that might cause damage through abrasion, absorption of acidic gases, or serve as medium for mould growth.
Simple dry cleaning of surfaces using erasers and sponges requires contact with surface which might also cause alteration of surface properties (flattening, eraser residues). With respect to basic requirement to avoid material degradation an alternative non-contact method might be CO2 snow jet cleaning performed using a Precision Spray Cleaning Pen (SnoPen SP 2000, Cleanlogix).
Artificialy soiled samples of wood-based and cotton-based paper were cleaned by the CO2 snow jet with a carbon dioxide flow rate of 3.0 g/s and a nitrogen flow rate of 1.4 l/s and by the nitrogen jet at the same flow rate. Paralel samples were cleaned by traditional mechanical cleaning methods. The effect of treatment was evaluated by optical microscopy.
The results showed that the CO2 snow jet cleaning effectively removed particles in the lower layers of the paper surface, including interfiber spaces.
The CO2 snow jet cleaning compared with the mechanical dry cleaning showed similar effectiveness without any adverse effects on the paper surface. It was proved that the CO2 snow technique is a suitable method for cleaning common types of paper materials.
As a company that produces products of the highest quality, CICOIL chooses Clean Imagineering for the following reasons.
- Reliability: Clean Imagineering has proven itself by consistently delivering products of the highest quality;
- Flexibility: Clean Imagineering friendly staff is very willing to work with us to tailor their processes/procedures to meet our stringent requirements;
- Cost: Clean Imagineering is able to process larger batches than their competitor, therefore providing significant cost savings for CICOIL;
- Location: This not only saves time and money on shipping, but also allows CICOIL to support our local economy;
- Knowledge: When faced with a new and particularly hard to remove contaminant, we were able to draw upon Clean Imagineering's vast experience and knowledge to provide us with a solution.