We design and manufacture static (small-scale production) and dynamic (large-scale production) natural product extraction systems with capacities ranging from 1 to 150 liters. Our value extraction systems are fully-customizable and operate using three solvent extraction schemes: Liquid CO2, Cold Ethanol, and hybrid Ethanol-CO2 extraction. Our ASME-certified and standardized liquid CO2 equipment designs are based on more than 30 years of commercial cleaning equipment development for precision parts used in high-reliability and high-value manufactured products. Today, we offer this industry-proven CO2 technology, as well as our latest cold CO2-expanded Ethanol extraction process (C-BEE-D™), for the natural products extraction markets and applications.
Dynamic extraction systems provide the following standard features:
- Centrifugal Extraction or Cold Bubble Ethanol Extraction and Distillation (C-BEE-D™) Processes
- Liquid CO2, Ethanol, and CO2-Ethanol Extraction Solvent Schemes
- Top-loading Basket Centrifuge with a Manual or Automatic Closure
- CryoSEP™ CO2-Ethanol-Extract Recovery and Recycling Module
- PLC and Graphical User Interface
- FloraSPEC™ Extraction Process Monitoring System
During Centrifugal CO2 processing using for example a hybrid CO2-Ethanol solvent extraction scheme, natural products are first extracted using a CO2-expanded Ethanol solvent prewash. Following this, a quick wash-rinse with liquid CO2 recovers residual Ethanol-extracts from the natural products. The CryoSEP™ CO2-Solvent-Extract Recovery and Recycling Module separates and recovers the valuable extracts and recovers the CO2 and/or Ethanol solvents for reuse. Finally, our exclusive FloraSPEC™ Extraction Process Monitoring System is used to optimize, monitor, and automatically control the extraction process in real time.