Substrate: Ceramic Chip Carrier
Contamination Challenge: A Laser-based manufacturing process produces particle-based contamination on and around an L-shaped circuit pattern which must be removed prior to the next step in the proprietary fabrication process.
Robotic CO2 Composite Spray™ cleaning process and system.
- Benchtop Cartesian robot
- Robot has an end-of-arm spray tool (EOAT ) comprising a single CO2 composite spray applicator
- Cleaning cell with vertical push-pull ionized HEPA shower and exhaust system
- 100% dry processing – Dry-In/Dry-Out
- Selective cleaning (contaminated L-shaped surface portion)
- Fast processing – single pass
- Low operational cost
- Minimal labor input